How do I date online during covid post vaccination?
That is a great question. The online dating terrain has been forever changed. In many ways for the good. This is the Best Time to engage and meet new people and enjoy yourself in the process.
I’ve observed/noticed . . .
The isolation of covid gave people the opportunity to prioritize things in their likes and being in a relationship rose to the top. Past- extra work, friends, family, hobbies all took a back seat to the realization of the importance of being partnered.
It allowed time to get clear about what they are looking for in a partner and being more upfront about what they are seeking. Criteria such as personal growth and similar core values has replaced height and income.
Here are a few tips that will help you navigate the new arena:
- Take your time – Many people are rusty from the break and learning new ways to connect as well.
- Many dating sites offer a badge stating “I’m Vaccinated”
- Talk to a potential partner before meeting in person. Via the phone or video. Ask them about their feelings of masks, physical touch/ social distancing, vaccinations to determine if you want to meet them in person. Of course, notice their energy and your response to it. Is there chemistry?
- If/when you decide to meet in person be honest, transparent, and present. Be interested and curious about your date. No need to razzle dazzle them and steal the show.
- Actively listen and ask open ended questions.
- Check in with yourself. How am I feeling? What am I feeling? Do I like them?
- Have an exit strategy – meeting a friend later, a scheduled family call, I need to walk my turtle – ok, not the last one 😊
- Always use your good manners and thank them for the time together. If you want to see them again. Say it.
Remember I’m in your corner for questions and support. Schedule your one-time free complimentary session today.
Wishing you love and blessings,