You are single. You have approximately zero minutes a day to spend on dating sites. You do not want to break the bank. And you love your smart phone.
Lucky for you there are some amazing dating apps that were probably created specifically for you! Or at least for people just like you who can’t wait to find love, companionship, sex—all that good stuff—but need to streamline the process. Also lucky for you, I offer professional profile support. I vet photos (and believe me, many people screw up in this department), and will even help you write a kick-ass profile.
Below are Betty-approved dating apps (all with free options) for you to check out.
- Tinder invented the swipe-based dating app design. No longer just for people under 30 or just for hook-ups, Tinder is worth checking out.
- Coffee Meets Bagel. Men get up to 21 matches a day. Women get list of men who have already expressed interest. By limiting the number of people you can see at one time, it is both less time-consuming and more efficient.
- Bumble. Studies have shown that when women make the first move on a dating site of any kind, outcomes are better (aka relationships happen). So Bumble said, “Great,” and set up their app so women have to make the first move!
- Happn. GPS based, this app alerts you when you are within a certain distance of another member. It’s all about spontaneity!
While most of the apps above totally work for LGBTQ folks seeking love, there are some sites that are specifically queer-friendly.
- Her is super for queer women/woman. Swipe-, photo-, and geography-based, you need to open dialogue to see if there is a personality connection.
- Grindr. Similar to both Happn and Tinder, this app is geography-focused and also has a reputation for being more about casual connections, but that is changing. Worth a peek for men seeking men.
One of my favorite sites for everyone and anyone is OK Cupid. Whether you are straight and cisgender or identify otherwise, it offers members the chance to respond to over 1,000 questions and uses an algorithm (unique to OKC) to match people with similar answers. The specificity of the questions all but eliminates robots from the site. Though it is not specifically for the LGBTQ community, OKC is extremely inclusive. When setting up your profile you can choose from 13 orientations and 22 gender identities.
I’ll be waiting for your call, and in the meantime… go forth and swipe!